Across America, faith in traditional religion is shifting, with more than 35% of young Millennials in the United States no longer claiming religious affiliation of any kind.
To a degree, this same shift is playing out here in Utah Valley.
No matter who you are, you likely know someone who has faced a faith crisis. You may have faced one yourself — or you may be right in the middle of such a crisis right now.
This group is for those who are looking to grow from a shift in belief. Regardless of whether or not you remain connected to religion, Move Upward gives people a community where they be honest and open about how to move upward in life.
We'll explore questions such as:
- How do we integrate the best aspects of our past while also growing beyond harmful prior beliefs?
- What can we do to help our community improve for believers and nonbelievers alike? What could Utah Valley look like in 10 years?
- How can we best bridge divisions in the community?
- What should we focus on after a faith crisis?
- How do we find meaning after our worldview has shifted?
Join us to build a positive community in Utah Valley for those who have experienced a crisis of faith.
Suggested donation: $5 - $10
About Jon Ogden:
For about a decade Jon has had a dream to provide a third space in Provo, and joined Third Space Studios to fulfill this dream. He's written about how to navigate a faith crisis and hopes to provide guidance to people who feel like they need help in this process. He has a bachelor's degree in English literature, a master's degree in writing and rhetoric, and he has more than a decade of professional writing experience.